Tuesday 2 May 2017

MEST1 PPE: learner reponse

Mark: 42/80
Grade D

Type up any feedback or comments from your paper in full.
  • Way too much reliance on diversion - not specific enough
  • Much better here but lacks specific references to the clip
  • Need more focus on the questions throughout 
  • More from other films in your answers 
Did you succeed in meeting or exceeding your target grade in AS Media? If not, how many additional marks do you need across Section A and Section B to achieve your target grade?
  • I did not succeed in reaching my target grade. 
  • My target grade is a A so it is clear that I haven't reached my target. 
  • I needed 17 marks to reach a A grade.

Read through the mark scheme. Pay particular attention to pages 6-9 that have anticipated content for Which was your strongest question in Section A? Why did you do better in that particular question?

  • My strongest question in Section A is question 3. 
  • This is mainly because we had to discuss the intentions that BBC had on their programmes. 
  • It was easy to discuss the main points as we have studied thes


Which was your weakest question in Section A? Did you write about three different films in your essay? (If you missed out your independent case study this is clearly an area to revise for the real thing).

  • The last question was my weakest and I think I could've done better by using the


Again, try and identify why this happened. Did you Now look at the mark scheme for Section B. Did you cover all three media platforms?

  • I did cover all three media platforms whilst also using three films in my case study. 
  • However, the knowledge on A Field in England and Paddington still needed to be revised.

Question focus in the most important factor for a top-level response. Did you use the key words in the question in every paragraph? Did each paragraph contain a topic sentence that used the key words from the question?

  • I don't feel as if I used the key words in every paragraph but they were definitely used in some parts of the answer. 
  • There wasn't a clear topic sentence for every paragraph which really needs to be improved. 

Choose one paragraph from your Section B essay and re-write it to improve question focus, examples and written English if applicable. Make sure it is answering the question!

Read the Examiner's Report in full. For each question in Section A, look at whether you included the things the Chief Examiner refers to in the stronger responses. Did any of the problems identified with some answers apply to you? Be specific.

  • A problem that was identified by the Chief Examiner was that some answers used a general reference to the sequence's content which meant that there wasn't enough precision in my answer which effectively didn't answer the question.  

Now look at the Examiner's Report for your chosen question in Section B. Did your response fit the stronger or weaker examples highlighted by the Chief Examiner? What could you have done differently to improve your mark for Section B?

  • My response was around the middle as it lacked question focus and reused a lot of cross media study which meant that there was just facts and figures
  • There wan't any real media interpretation in the answer to the question.

Finally, identify three things you will do differently in the real exam in two weeks. These can refer to preparation, notetaking, Section A or Section B - it is up to you.

  • I will need to improve my answers to Section B
  • Revise my cross media study 
  • Revise the theories to the media concepts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment